Wednesday, March 22, 2006

memories



"All these years I've had this story...a story about us...that never really existed...and because of that story, I've kept you framed up on a wall...in a little box of nostalgic moonlight...and in keeping you in that little box was the only way I knew I could really have you..." - George, "The Love Letter"


I've been wondering about this thing called "memory" for some time now. Do our memories really tell the truth about someone or something from our past? Or do our minds play tricks on us sometimes? Can memory ever be objective and unbiased? Or do we have a tendency to amplify our memories of people we loved?

One thing I know for sure is that memory is fleeting, temporal. It can deteriorate or completely disappear, with or without our control.

And maybe God made it that way so that we would not take anything for granted. So that we may live in the present moment, every day, every minute, every second.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home