Monday, July 03, 2006

on a creative journey

Two years ago, I came upon a wonderful book by Julia Cameron, "The Artist's Way". I started doing The Morning Pages and The Artist's Date as tools in my creative recovery but I have not finished the book. To borrow from Gilda Radner, "there's always something" that needs to be done first: meals to cook, kids to take care of, errands to do, etc...Yes , I am now officially creatively blocked again.

Yet...there is hope...for the past year, I have been receiving emails from Chris Dumiere's website , "Creativity Portal". There I have found kindred souls on the same journey to finding our authentic creative life. There are those who have paved the way for us...armed with their courage and belief in their artist child. Hopefully, as I read their stories I may also be inspired to reclaim my place as a true artist.

***

One such artist is Shelley, as I read her Intuitive Creativity blog I am also inspired to start thinking out of the box...to start creating...to be unafraid...because it doesn't matter what had happened to us...the important thing is to remember who we really are and what we are really meant to do with our life.

As Julia Cameron said, "Creativity is God's gift to us. Using our creativity is our gift back to God."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home