Thursday, November 23, 2006

leaving the nest

We're moving. We're leaving our house. In fact, it's not even our house anymore. (It now belongs to my brother-in-law.) We're practically squatters now! Except we're not really being evicted, it's just that there are still some papers that need to be signed, some final financial transactions to close before we could actually move into the new house. The new house, wow! It sounds pretty exciting, but that deserves another blogpost at another time.

For now, we're leaving. We're leaving the house we've come home to for the past five years. I'm not really too emotional about the whole thing yet. It hasn't sink in. Not yet.

Until my husband announced the date of our moving out/moving in. Then a wave of panic shot across my body. This can't be happening so soon. (Although I have been losing my patience over the whole bureaucracy in the Registry of Deeds and BIR.) It's really happening. Now. It's time to pack up. It's time to get our acts together (read: sort out the stuff, throw out the junk!).

Inertia is attacking me. I am having a difficult time moving my ass to do the stuff I need to do. Finally, I called up my mom and informed her of the date. And she goes informing me all the tiny details I need to do for the move.

We need to move in during a full moon date. We need to get there before sunrise. We need to bring all our stuff at once (or at least, majority of it). We need to bring in a cup of salt, a bowl of rice, and a coconut/palm seedling (I really don't know what they call it.) What is all these superstitious stuff? Do I actually go through with these? Ahhh...I'm going nuts!

So finally, I packed some stuff. For those who truly know me, it wouldn't surprise them to find that I have packed my books, first and foremost. They are now settled comfortably in the plastic container I bought early this year (for my bookstore, supposedly) and one huge balikbayan box (courtesy of my Nanay). But the bookshelf still looks full, I actually have not packed up the children's books, thinking I might have to put those in a separate box for the kids' rooms. As for the rest of our stuff, they are still where they are where I left them. Hopefully, inertia has ran its course by the end of this week. Or else, I'm really going to panic to death.

1 Comments:

Blogger random thoughts said...

You can do it!!! Take it from me, I always procrastinate when it comes to packing things, but still manages to survive. Buti na lang dormer...expert!!!

Monday, November 27, 2006 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home